Here’s a Les Paul you don’t see every day… in fact, you probably won’t find another one exactly like it as it started life as an Ebony Black Custom Pro, but the top has been refinished here at the workshop in Old English White – a recreation of the ‘Black Back’ model, you could say.
In addition to the refinish, it’s received a set of Gibson 490R & 498T pickups, Switchcraft Toggle & Jack Socket, CTS pots, Orange Drop caps, braided cable throughout AND phase switching in the middle position via a push / push neck tone control pot.
It’s also got a Gotoh Tailpiece and upgraded Bridge to replace the stock items. To complete this fantastic Custom, the frets have been fully levelled, re-crowned and polished. With a comprehensive set up completing the guitar, it also plays as great as it looks and sounds.
- Top re-finished in Old English White
- Ebony Black back
- Gibson 490R & 498T Pickups
- Switchcraft pickup selector
- CTS Volume Pots
- Push / Push Neck Tone for middle position phase switching
- CTS Bridge Tone Pot
- Orange Drop tone caps (0.022 Bridge & 0.015 Neck)
- Switchcraft output jack socket
- Stock ‘multicore’ cabling replaced with vintage braided cloth wire
- Mahogany neck
- ’60s slim taper neck profile
- Mahogany body
- Rosewood fingerboard with block inlays
- Body, Neck & Headstock Binding
- Gotoh Tailpiece
- Upgraded Bridge
- Grover Tuners
- Black & Gold Top Hat control knobs with position pointers
All guitars receive a comprehensive work over to address any issues. They get a full set up, a new set of good quality strings and come with a 30 day warranty.
A selection of new and used Hard or Soft Cases are also available to buy.
Please note: whilst every effort is reasonably made to make this guitar as good, if not better than new, being pre-owned there will naturally be some light signs of use.