Whilst not intended to be an exact replica, the refinishing work carried out on this Les Paul Standard has been inspired by the Gary Moore Collectors Choice #1 Artist Proof #3 model as featured in this video: https://youtu.be/GCQ1WxrMZuo?t=40s
It’s had some subtle re-shading and detail added to the top, a re-work of the headstock to accommodate a 2-screw Bell shaped Truss Rod Cover and ‘VOS Type’ finish to give it some lightly aged character.
The Gibson BurstBuckers are wired out of phase as the default middle toggle position, although this is switchable via the neck tone knob.
In addition, higher quality components and cable have been installed throughout to raise the standard of the instrument to the player and a fully comprehensive set up – including fret level, re-crown & polish – completes this beauty!
- Trans Amber top re-finished with subtle edge burst & detail
- Gibson BurstBucker #1 & #2 Pickups
- Switchcraft pickup selector
- CTS Volume Pots
- Push / Push Neck Tone for middle position phase switching
- CTS Bridge Tone Pot
- Orange Drop tone caps (0.022 Bridge & 0.015 Neck)
- Switchcraft output jack socket
- Stock ‘multicore’ cabling replaced with vintage braided cloth wire
- Mahogany neck
- ’60s slim taper neck profile
- Mahogany body
- Rosewood fingerboard with trapezoid inlays
- Body & Neck Binding
- ‘VOS Type’ light-ageing finish to body and hardware
- Grover Tuners with Keystone Buttons
- Mismatched Top Hat control knobs with position pointers
All guitars receive a comprehensive work over to address any issues. They get a full set up, a new set of good quality strings and come with a 30 day warranty.
A selection of new and used Hard or Soft Cases are also available to buy.
Please note: whilst every effort is reasonably made to make this guitar as good, if not better than new, being pre-owned there will naturally be some light signs of use.